This WA Day, the Western Australian Museum – Geraldton will come to life with the FREE WA Day festival, celebrating the best of West Australian culture.
Have a WA of a day with these 10 exciting activities:
1. Enjoy a live painting performance and creation of a 10 metre WA Day canvas with renowned visual artist Phil Doncan.
2. Get down with hip hop performances and workshops from Perth trio Vilified Solutions.
3. Hang in the Youth Arena and try rock climbing, extreme sport, graffiti art, geocaching and circus fun.
4. Enjoy live music and entertainment with talented local performers.
5. Feast on a taste of WA and sample international cuisine prepared by people who call the Mid West home.
6. Get up close to wildlife with the petting zoo, pony rides and wildlife rescue and animal rehabilitation displays.
7. Visit the giant Dirk Hartog explorer’s globe and try out some replica navigational tools from the 1600s.
8. Create a collective masterpiece with a local Aboriginal artist and the Community Canvas.
9. Take in a selection of ABC Midwest and Wheatbelt’s finest short films.
10. Test your knowledge of the region with our Mid West test for your chance to win a prize!
Festival goers will be able to pose for a ‘selfie’ with the giant WA Day thong, and tag #WADay on social media for the chance to win great prizes.
This programme is subject to change.
Who to contact for enquiries: Western Australian Museum - Geraldton 08 9431 8393