We recently asked what people loved most about living in Geraldton, and one of the most common responses was "the people". Geraldton's people are fast gaining a reputation as some of the friendliest and most compassionate around.
Many people in the community make an effort above and beyond providing for themselves, by volunteering in numerous ways.
If you're wondering how you can help out in Geraldton, Centacare Family Services have released their latest list of volunteering opportunities. We've published it below.
Current Volunteer Opportunities List
Here is a list of some of the new and urgent volunteer opportunities available in your community:
- Get ready Geraldton as the Chevron City to Surf for Activ is coming to town! The Perth Chevron City to Surf for Activ is the Activ foundations major fundraising event. Can you help with this sensational event? City to Surf is looking for volunteers to assist with a range of activities including course marshals, aid station attendants, help desk/info attendants, start line, finish line and many more. They are calling volunteers of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to jump on board, either individually, or as a group or team, and experience the thrill of this fantastic event. 20 Volunteers also required on the Sat 27th for registrations. All volunteers will receive a volunteer t-shirt, cap, volunteers pack and a volunteer certificate for their involvement and hard work. Event is held on Sunday the 28th July . Go to http://events.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/event/geraldtoncitytosurf/volunteers/ to register.
- PCYC are looking for a volunteer cleaner for 2 hours on a Friday morning. Working with Children Check essential.
- PCYC are needing someone to assist for a week during 24 – 28 June from 12.30 pm – 2pm. There will be a group of 40 students attending the centre and help is required to assist with their lunch preparations. Lunch provided on all 5 days to the volunteer.
- Can you assist one Tuesday or Wednesday a month? We are looking for volunteers to welcome visitors at the Greenough Museum (formerly the Greenough Pioneer Museum). The museum is open daily from 9.30 to 3.30 and is located 19km south of Geraldton on Phillips Road. It’s a great way of meeting people and learning more about our history. They provide complimentary tea or coffee (and maybe a vegie or two from the garden)
- Geraldton Greenough Farmers Market require volunteers to assist at their markets on Saturday mornings. Assist in the breakfast stall or as a general hand or many other roles. Volunteers receive a free cooked breakfast on market days courtesy of the breakfast stall. Come and be a part of this market that is run each Saturday.
- Meet & Greeters for visiting Cruiseships. Do you enjoy speaking with people and sharing information about this great city of ours? Volunteers will give tourists directions and information on what to do and see in Geraldton whilst being positioned along the foreshore area including, marina, boardwalk, museum and in CBD area. Shirt, hat and water bottle provided. A minimum of a 3 hour shift is preferred. The Dawn Princess will be arriving in Geraldton on Tuesday the 25th June, wouldn’t you love to greet the passengers as they arrive in our fantastic city?
- Bethanie Community Care is looking for a volunteer on a Wednesday to assist in their Social Centre to support and encourage older clients to participate in activities and to also assist with food prep and serving. Help needed between 9am – 4pm, or 2 volunteers to cover the morning and afternoon shift.
If you are interested in any of the above volunteer positions, or are thinking about volunteering, please call
Kristy or Mel at Centacares’ Community Volunteer Service on 99211 433 or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
You can also find many more volunteer roles at www.centacaregeraldton.org.au/volunteering