Supercomputers play a significant and growing role in a variety of areas important to the nation. In the Mid West we are perfectly placed to take advantage of the amazing capabilities of a connected community with the wide scale roll out of National Broadband Network services and the ongoing work with the largest science experiment on the planet the Square Kilometre Array situated in the Murchison Shire and the Murchison Radio-astronomy Observatory Support Facility based in Geraldton.
Join experts in this field for an exciting evening of the marvels of the SKA, Cloud Computing and Communications as we develop a Smart Mid West.
WHEN: Monday 18th aug 6:15 pm – 8:30 pm at POSH events and functions 214 Marine Tce, Geraldton, WA.
AUDIENCE Business, government, education and community interested in the SKA, NBN and the future of computing, communications and mobility in the region and beyond. Includes refreshments and light supper.
TO BOOK A TICKET Visit Goodness Festival website event at www.goodness.org.au/event/computing-connected-future/ For more information contact Mark Canny 0428 617 205 firstname.lastname@example.org
Guest speakers include:
- Dr George Beckett - Deputy Director at IVEC and Head go the Supercomuting at the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre
- Kevin Vinsen - Research Associate Professor for the International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research
- Peter Marklew - Sales and Technical Manager at the Geraldton Data Centre
- Peter Gurney - Lead Community Affairs Manager WA/NT/SA NBN Co
- Noel Ferguson - Principal Project Manager Communities & Technology Development Mid West Development Commission.