Seniors Week is just around the corner with a variety of events to recognise the contribution of seniors in our community.
City of Greater Geraldton Mayor, Ian Carpenter, said the 2014 Bendigo Bank Seniors Week is an annual event to thank our seniors for inspiring the quality way of life for elderly in the Mid West.
“The City promotes positive and active ageing with a range of programs available for Over 50s at the QEII Seniors & Community Centre.”
Kicking off on Sunday November 9, Seniors Week is anticipated to be one of a kind with including the following events:
Sunday November 9:
- Seniors Week Opening Event – screening of the classic film Cis and Barbiche at the QPT at 2pm. Tickets: seniors/concession $12, early bird $17, adults $20. (Includes afternoon tea).
Monday November 10:
- City of Greater Geraldton Mayor’s Mystery Bus Tour – 9am at the Queen Elizabeth II Seniors and Community Centre, followed by morning tea. Free event.
Tuesday November 11:
- Grandparent’s Story Time at the Geraldton Regional Library – 9.30am to 10.30am, followed by morning tea. Free event.
- Seniors Quiz Afternoon – 1pm at the QEII Centre, afternoon tea provided. Six people per table, cost $3.
- Afternoon tea and musical entertainment – 1.30pm to 3.30pm at Opal Geraldton (former Geraldton Nursing Home). Free event.
To see more of the events happening during this week, visit the City’s website on www.cgg.wa.gov.au/events/seniors-week-2014.
For more information about Seniors Week or to get your copy of the program, contact QEII Seniors and Community Centre Coordinator, Rosetta Finlay, on 9921 2684 or 0407 993 413.
Programs can also be found on the City’s website.