*There is no change to previous alert.
The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES).
Time of issue: 3.50pm
Date of issue: 25 November 2014
A bushfire ADVICE remains for people travelling on the Brand Highway, between Midlands Road and Kailis Road, in the Shire of Irwin.
- There is no threat to lives or homes but there is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire is burning near the Brand Highway between Midlands Road and Kailis Road.
- It is contained but not under control.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
No roads are closed.
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Dongara Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service and Irwin Bush Fire Service firefighters are on the scene.
- Firefighters are consolidating containment lines.
- The incident was reported at 11.03am on Sunday 23 November.
- Approximately 400 hectares have been burnt.
- The cause of the fire is accidental.
- The Shire of Irwin is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 11am tomorrow, Wednesday 26 November, unless the situation changes.