Overlooking the Indian Ocean, Geraldton is a thriving regional city at the heart of Australia’s Coral Coast. With a growing population of over 41,000 people it offers a wide range of services and activities. Geraldton is recognised as one of WA’s key growth areas and the opportunities in this regional city are plentiful. You can be part of working with us to deliver the best for our community and this region.
The City of Greater Geraldton actively welcomes, includes and values the unique contributions of all people in its workplace. The City welcomes applications from all age groups, people with a disability, and those from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Benefits which we offer:
- Up to 18.5% Superannuation
- 22 Annual Leave days
- Health & Wellbeing Program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career opportunities
- Study Assistance
- Centrally located • Free parking
ADMINISTRATION OFFICER (REF: 238)
The position of Administration Officer supports the Environmental Health & Waste Services team and assists in the general administration of Meru Waste Disposal Facility, Recycling and Sanitation services.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated financial experience and experience with financial software packages, have the ability to work in a dedicated, strong client focused team under minimal supervision and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Provide efficient and effective administrative support as directed by the Waste Operations Supervisor or the Coordinator Environmental Health & Waste Services
- Oversee all Meru Landfill accounts payable and receivable, support staff in the Financial Services Department and ensure a customer focus and timely delivery and payment of accounts
- Assist in the daily management of waste collection and recycling contractors and liaise with residents in ensuring delivery of prompt and compliant waste and recycling collection services
A starting salary of $60,646 per annum or $30.6914 per hour will be offered dependent on knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications.
Interested in applying?
The position description and further information on how to apply can be obtained from our website www.cgg.wa.gov.au/employment. To gain a better understanding of the role, please call Hayley Williamson, Coordinator Environmental Health & waste on 08 9956 6929.
Applications with addressed selection criteria should be forwarded to the Chief Executive Officer, City of Greater Geraldton, PO Box 101 GERALDTON WA 6531 and submitted by 4pm, Monday 27 November 2017. Applications can be faxed to (08) 9956 6674 or emailed to email@example.com.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER