Ruah Community Services is reputable grassroots not for profit organisation with 50 years experience of empowering vulnerable and disadvantaged people to create meaningful change in their lives and enabling them maximise their individual potential. Ruah has a rich history of providing services in Housing and Homelessness, Mental Health, Family Domestic Violence and transitional support for women leaving the correction system. Our team of 200 staff have a vision to see communities flourish through active participation in the services we deliver.
About the job
We are looking for a passionate person to assist in providing the individual to achieve their goals as recorded in their care plan. This is a casual position based in Geraldton.
Who are we looking for?
- Willingness and ability to work within and contribute to the vision, mission, core values and the three guiding principles of the organisation
- Completion of or progress towards a relevant TAFE qualification (Certificate III), and/or relevant work experience (0-1 year), and/or lived experience of mental illness.
- Ability to engage with individuals and build and maintain a professional relationship.
- Ability to work independently and contribute to the functioning of the team.
- Ability to model positive behaviours, emotional maturity, coping skills and resilience.
- Good interpersonal and effective communication skills
- Willingness and flexibility to support clients fulfil their goals. This may include domestic support, transport and mentoring.
- Knowledge and understanding of diversity, gender and social inclusion, particularly Aboriginal culture.
What you need to know
The closing date for applications is 9am Friday 10 March 2017.
For further information about the position please contact:
Emma Jarvis Executive Manager, Service Development and Performance email@example.com
How to apply
Please address the Selection Criteria in your cover letter and attach it when you apply through Seek. For more information and a copy of the position description please visit our website www.ruah.org.au, click on the 'about us' section and then 'Jobs at Ruah'. If you are unable to upload the attachments through Seek please email your application to HR@ruah.com.au
Ruah has a passion for welcoming diversity and is an equal opportunities employer.