Overlooking the Indian Ocean, Geraldton is a thriving regional city at the heart of Australia’s Coral Coast. With a growing population of over 41,000 people it offers a wide range of services and activities. Geraldton is recognised as one of WA’s key growth areas and the opportunities in this regional city are plentiful. You can be part of working with us to deliver the best for our community and this region.
The City of Greater Geraldton actively welcomes, includes and values the unique contributions of all people in its workplace. The City welcomes applications from all age groups, people with a disability, and those from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Benefits which we offer:
- Up to 18.5% Superannuation
- 22 Annual Leave days (17.5% loading)
- Health & Wellbeing Program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career opportunities
- Study Assistance
- Free parking
Supervisor Infrastructure (REF: 131)
The City requires a motivated Supervisor to provide leadership to the Infrastructure team within the Maintenance Operations branch.
The successful applicant must hold a relevant trade certificate and have knowledge of maintenance practices associated with playgrounds, signs, fencing and street furniture.
- Provide leadership and supervision to the Infrastructure team within the parks and streetscapes of the City.
- Supervise the activities of the signs team, including sign production, renewal and installation, line marking and guide post installation and maintenance.
- Responsible for playground auditing, and maintenance and renewal of park, playground and street furniture, shade sail/structures, and BBQs.
- Coordinate maintenance and renewals for other City infrastructure as directed, including beach showers, tap stands and drinking fountains, swimming pontoons, HMAS Sydney Memorial Flags and flag pole, fencing, footbridges, decking and sporting goal posts as directed
A starting salary of $69,320 per annum or $35.08 per hour will be offered dependent on knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications.
Interested in applying?
To view the Supervisor Infrastructure position description and apply, visit our website www.cgg.wa.gov.au/employment.
To gain a better understanding of the role call Graham Smith, Coordinator Parks on (08) 9956 6703.
Applications with addressed selection criteria should be submitted by 4pm, Thursday 16 March 2017.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER