Overlooking the Indian Ocean, Geraldton is a thriving regional city at the heart of Australia’s Coral Coast. With a growing population of over 41,000 people it offers a wide range of services and activities. Geraldton is recognised as one of WA’s key growth areas and the opportunities in this regional city are plentiful. You can be part of working with us to deliver the best for our community and this region.
The City of Greater Geraldton actively welcomes, includes and values the unique contributions of all people in its workplace. The City welcomes applications from all age groups, people with a disability, and those from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Benefits which we offer:
- Up to 18.5% Superannuation
- 22 Annual Leave days (17.5% loading)
- Health & Wellbeing Program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career opportunities
- Study Assistance
- Centrally located
- Free parking
Personal Assistant to Director (REF: 86)
The Personal Assistant role provides high quality and detailed administrative support to the Director Infrastructure Services, providing an effective and efficient communication link between the Director and the Infrastructure Services branches and whole organisation. The Personal Assistant works as a team member to ensure cooperation and the provision of informed, coordinated and quality services to internal and external customers.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Working closely with the CEO’s office to manage the Infrastructure Services department’s Council report requirements for Concept, Agenda and Ordinary Council meetings. This includes liaising with Managers and Directors, drafting and proofing reports, submitting reports in accordance with deadlines and filing as required;
- Providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers, particularly managing public telephone enquiries; and;
- Ensuring all records, including correspondence, enquiries from the public, staff and Councillors are actioned and responded to in accordance with the City’s policies and procedures.
The successful applicant must hold qualifications in Business Administration or similar, and have sound experience in providing high level executive support, including the preparation of agendas, reports, and minutes.
A salary starting from $69,320 per annum will be offered dependent on knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications.
Interested in applying?
To view the PA to Director position description and apply, visit our website www.cgg.wa.gov.au/employment.
To gain a better understanding of the role call Chris Lee, Manager Engineering Services on (08) 9956 6714.
Applications should be submitted by 4pm, Thursday 18 May 2017.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER