Overlooking the Indian Ocean, Geraldton is a thriving regional city at the heart of Australia’s Coral Coast. With a growing population of over 41,000 people it offers a wide range of services and activities. Geraldton is recognised as one of WA’s key growth areas and the opportunities in this regional city are plentiful. You can be part of working with us to deliver the best for our community and this region.
The City of Greater Geraldton actively welcomes, includes and values the unique contributions of all people in its workplace. The City welcomes applications from all age groups, people with a disability, and those from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Benefits which we offer:
- Up to 18.5% Superannuation
- 22 Annual Leave days (17.5% loading)
- Health & Wellbeing Program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career opportunities
- Study Assistance
- Centrally located
- Free parking
Aquatic Sport & Leisure Officer (Ref: 624)
The City is seeking a passionate, motivated individual to organise and facilitate aquatic programs (swim-school, aquarobics classes etc) and their promotion and marketing, including special events and training activities.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Programing swim school classes for the aquatic facilities, providing assistance and guidance for Swim School Instructors, liaising with customers and implementing innovative programming for the swim school.
- Programing group fitness classes for the aquatic facilities (both aquatic and land based) and implementing innovative programming to the aerobics schedule.
- Implementing and reviewing bookings and enrolment processes and assisting with delivery.
The successful applicant will have a passion for sport and leisure together with previous experience working in a pool environment.
A starting salary of $64,106 per annum or $32.44 per hour will be offered dependent on knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications.
Interested in applying?
To view the position descriptions and selection criteria for the above roles, please visit our website www.cgg.wa.gov.au/employment.
To gain a better understanding of the role, call Emma Hancox on (08) 9956 6906.
Applications with addressed selection criteria should be submitted by 4pm, Thursday 25 May 2017.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER