Overlooking the Indian Ocean, Geraldton is a thriving regional city at the heart of Australia’s Coral Coast. With a growing population of over 41,000 people it offers a wide range of services and activities. Geraldton is recognised as one of WA’s key growth areas and the opportunities in this regional city are plentiful. You can be part of working with us to deliver the best for our community and this region.
The City of Greater Geraldton actively welcomes, includes and values the unique contributions of all people in its workplace. The City welcomes applications from all age groups, people with a disability, and those from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Benefits which we offer:
- Up to 18.5% Superannuation
- 22 Annual Leave days
- Health & Wellbeing Program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career opportunities
- Study Assistance
- Centrally located
- Free parking
COORDINATOR SPORT & LEISURE (REF: 622)
Maternity Leave Contract – 12 Months
This position assists the Manager Sports & Leisure with the overall management and operation of the City’s sports and leisure functions, in particular the Geraldton Aquarena.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated experience in aquatic centre operational management and comprehensive knowledge of the relevant acts, regulations and OSH requirements.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Coordinating with Duty Supervisors in ensuring compliance of the Centre with the standards set by the WA Health Act (Swimming Pools 1964 and 2006) regulations, Public Health Department and Council’s Health Department.
- Review, monitoring and improvement of aquatic facilities operational & emergency policy and procedures annually or as required under legislative compliance.
- Implementing budget control, preparation and management of the team’s finances.
- Developing, and coordinating new programs, strategies and management plans pertaining to Aquatic facilities services in a sustainable manner for the region.
This position is offered as a maternity leave cover contract and will involve weekend work.
A starting salary of $93,527 per annum (inclusive of 15% shift loading) will be offered dependent on knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications.
Interested in applying?
The position description and further information on how to apply can be obtained from our website www.cgg.wa.gov.au/employment. To gain a better understanding of the role, please call Emma Smith, Coordinator Sport & Leisure on 08 9956 6787.
Applications with addressed selection criteria should be forwarded to the Chief Executive Officer, City of Greater Geraldton, PO Box 101 GERALDTON WA 6531 and submitted by 4pm, Friday 29 September 2017. Applications can be faxed to (08) 9956 6674 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER