Peak Consultants is a WA owned; specialist provider of Electrical & Communicating engineering and consultancy services with a passion for developing sustainable 'whole of life' building services solutions. We also strongly invests in the lives of our employees and community by promoting from within.
We are a dynamic, industry leading, regionally based, engineering consultancy company, providing the best solutions for our clients from concept to completion for over 15 years. We specialise in the design, installation and servicing of new and existing electrical and communications systems across Western Australia with a wide portfolio of building projects across the commercial, residential, custodial, healthcare and education sectors.
With a focus on providing exceptional customer service, Peak Consultants continues to grow year by year and as part of our new growth phase we are looking for an ambitious, electrical designer with the ability to enhance our team with their keen interest and knowledge of electrical and communications engineering.
This presents you with a unique opportunity to realise your potential as a high performing individual in an autonomous and professional environment to develop a dynamic career path
About the opening:
An exciting varied and dynamic opportunity has become available for an experienced Electrical Designer to join the team at Peak Consultants.
You will be:
- Responsible for the design and documentation of electrical and communications systems from concept through to detailed design, coordinating with mechanical and hydraulic disciplines to ensure the successful delivery of the scope.
- Required to manage your own workload and undertake regular site inspections including liaising with clients and other business professionals.
- Provided with strong support and mentoring from fellow designers as well as our design manager who you will be reporting to.
- Given the opportunity to further improve your skills and knowledge with learning and development courses external to our business.
- Preparation of detailed system designs for Electrical Distribution & Protection, Communications & ITC, Fire Protection and Security & CCTV systems
- Production of engineering drawings and specifications.
- Word processing and general office duties.
- Site visits and assessments
- Liaise with the clients, architects and authorities to obtain information.
- Maintain a strong understanding of current industry practises and Australian Standards.
Prerequisites and skills:
- Associate Diploma or Degree in Electrical Engineering (Power Engineering) or
- Engineering Drafting - Cert iii in CAD or Engineering Technical or hold a current Electrical Workers licence.
- A strong knowledge of drafting software and techniques
- Proven experience in 2D AutoCAD
- Excel, Word, Outlook and other general computing skills
- A broad appreciation for Mechanical, Electrical and Hydraulic Services
- Excellent communication skills, especially client facing
- Design experience within a Consulting environment would be advantageous
- Have had exposure to Dialux and or PowerCad
- Excellent organisational, communication, time management, reporting and computing skills.
- A team player, fluent in English and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be punctual, reliable and possess esthetical working practices
- Have Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Have current WA Drivers Licence.
- Your own Transport
- Hold a current police clearance or be able to provide one within one month of commencing employment.
This position is permanent, full time and will be predominately based in either our Perth or Geraldton offices but will require regular travel between the two as well as to regional areas.
Salary will be negotiable and commensurate with experience and will match or exceed market rates. We are prepared to invest in the right person for our team and will offer salary packages to suit.
Peak Consultants is an equal employment opportunity employer.
If you are ready to join a business with diverse and exciting prospects we would like to hear from you.