Overlooking the Indian Ocean, Geraldton is a thriving regional city at the heart of Australia’s Coral Coast. With a growing population of over 41,000 people it offers a wide range of services and activities. Geraldton is recognised as one of WA’s key growth areas and the opportunities in this regional city are plentiful. You can be part of working with us to deliver the best for our community and this region.
The City of Greater Geraldton actively welcomes, includes and values the unique contributions of all people in its workplace. The City welcomes applications from all age groups, people with a disability, and those from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Benefits which we offer:
- Up to 18.5% Superannuation
- 22 Annual Leave days (17.5% loading)
- Health & Wellbeing Program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career opportunities
- Study Assistance
- Free parking
Reserves General Hand (REF: 653)
The City is seeking a skilled Reserves General Hand to maintain the City’s parks, ovals, reserves and other open spaces to a high standard.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Working within the Reserves team to maintain the City’s parks, ovals, reserves and other public open spaces to a high standard on a daily basis as directed, including turf renovation, fertilising, mowing, slashing and all facets of turf care.
- General operation of plant and hand tools, carry out maintenance and/or labour duties as required.
- Ensuring that regular routine daily maintenance is carried out and that relevant log books and pre-start are completed
The successful applicant must have experience with turf care and maintenance, hold a valid MR licence and be able to operate tools and machinery safely.
A starting salary of $54,588 per annum or $27.6253 per hour will be offered dependent on knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications.
Interested in applying?
The position description and further information on how to apply can be obtained from our website www.cgg.wa.gov.au/employment. To gain a better understanding of the role, please call Jim Sweetman, Supervisor Reticulation & Mowing on 08 9956 6711.
Applications with addressed selection criteria should be forwarded to the Chief Executive Officer, City of Greater Geraldton, PO Box 101 GERALDTON WA 6531 and submitted by 4pm, Monday 5 February 2018. Applications can be faxed to (08) 9956 6674 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER