Qualified Applicants Only Minimum 20-30 hours per week
- take responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant;
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary hood-handling practices
- Weight, measure mix and cook with ingredients according to recipes, personal judgement and experience.
- Assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods
- Coordinate and supervise work of kitchen staff
- Analyse and plan restaurant sales levels and profitability;
- Contribute to marketing and business development
- Take responsibility for the day to day operations and running of the kitchen
- Manage high standards of food and customer service are provided at all times;
- Manage the training and motivation of employees;
- Manage quality control, hygiene, and health and safety;
- Ensure the requirements of the Employee Manual are adhered to and upheld;
- Enter data and check invoices as required; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to lead by example
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Motivated self starter
- Punctual & reliable
Values – actively support the values of the business by maintaining a positive image, acting ethically and honestly and promoting relationships in a positive and professional manner.
Customer Focus – realise that our customers are why the restaurant exists, strive to understand their needs and excel in meeting expectations.
Incident Reporting – Report and document/record all accidents, incidents, injuries, hazards and property damage.
Instructions – Follow all reasonable work instructions, and perform all duties within your skills, competencies and abilities. Other tasks, may be required provided they can be performed in a safe manner.
Safety First – comply with all safety policies and systems to maintain a safe work environment for yourself and others at all times.
Team spirit – Respect work colleagues. Work cooperatively to ensure the best outcome is achieved and continually strive to improve the work environment. Must be willing to replace team members or swap shifts if others are unwell.
To arrange an interview please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org