Overlooking the Indian Ocean, Geraldton is a thriving regional city at the heart of Australia's Coral Coast. With a growing population of over 41,000 people it offers a wide range of services and activities. Geraldton is recognised as one of WA's key growth areas and the opportunities in this regional city are plentiful. You can be part of working with us to deliver the best for our community and this region.
The City of Greater Geraldton actively welcomes, includes and values the unique contributions of all people in its workplace. The City welcomes applications from all age groups, people with a disability, and those from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer with strong commitment to fitness for work and safety in the workplace.
About the position:
The Senior Mechanic is responsible for all repairs and maintenance of the City’s vehicle fleet, plant and equipment, and ensures effective maintenance planning for workshop activities within the designated budget.
- Ensure vehicles, plant and mechanical equipment are maintained and repaired to manufacturer’s specifications and in a safe and roadworthy manner;
- Report to Coordinator Fleet on programmed maintenance scheduling;
- Prioritise and allocate un-programmed maintenance efficiently and effectively;
- Liaise with supervisors regarding repairs to plant and equipment affecting their operations;
- Ensure a high standard of customer service and vehicle/plant availability through timely repairs and maintenance and good communication.
The position is eligible to work a 9 day per fortnight work cycle in line with flexible working arrangements. Commuter use of a City vehicle is provided.
For further information and to view the position description, visit www.cgg.wa.gov.au/employment
To gain a better understanding of the role, please call Graham Morris, Manager Fleet Services on 08 9956 6719.
The successful applicant will hold a trade qualification in maintenance for both light and heavy plant and passenger vehicles, and have previous experience in both fleet maintenance and workshop coordination.
Completion of a pre-employment medical including alcohol and other substances testing is required of all positions at the City.
Remuneration and benefits:
A salary starting from $75,299 per annum or $38.10 per hour will be offered dependent on knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications.
Some of the additional benefits of working for the City include:
- Up to 18.5% Superannuation
- 22 Annual Leave days (17.5% leave loading)
- Health & Wellbeing Program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career opportunities
- Study Assistance
Interested in applying?
For information on how to apply for this position, visit the City’s website: www.cgg.wa.gov.au/employment
Applications close 4pm Tuesday 5 June 2018.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER