Centacare Volunteer Service will be hosting several sessions of “Step into Volunteering” during National Volunteer Week 2015, to introduce volunteering to those who haven’t yet had the opportunity to get involved.
The “Step into Volunteering” sessions are an informal introduction to volunteering. It is of particular value to those who are volunteering for the first time and those who are seeking different volunteer experiences. Come along to this free session and learn about:
- The benefits of volunteering
- The volunteering opportunities available
- Identifying the skills you have to contribute to volunteering
- Rights and responsibilities of volunteers and volunteer-involving organisations
- How to find the right volunteer position
Session times are:
- Monday 11 May – 9.30am – 10.30am
- Tuesday 12 May – 12.30pm – 1.30pm
- Wednesday 13 May – 1.30pm – 2.30pm
- Thursday 14 May – 5.30pm – 6.30pm
- Friday 15 May 10.30am – 11.30am
A Volunteer Manager from a local community group will also be attending each session to provide an overview about their organisations and the different roles available.
Contact Kristy or Mel on 99211 433 or Register Here