Future of Funding, a symposium targeted at NFP organisations, professionals and funders who have a common interest in the ‘future of funding’. This symposium will blend practical insights into alternative funding opportunities as well as future forecasts for how funding may change over coming years. This is a unique opportunity to learn from each other and to understand opportunities, directions for funding social good.
- Welcome (10 mins)
- “Future of Funding” introduction from a guest social innovator (10 mins)
- Intros and Insights from each panellist
- City of Greater Geraldton
- Mid West Development Commission
- Chuffed Crowdfunding (via web)
- Foundation for Regional and Rural Renewal (tbc)
- The Funding Network (tbc)
- Panel Discussion w/ facilitated questions with example questions below (30 mins)
- Q&A from Audience (20 mins)
- Close (5 mins)
- Networking with catering
Following the symposium there is a ‘Funding Forum’ being run by City of Greater Geraldton and Lotterywest focused on discussing specific projects or ideas.
Questions for panel discussion:
- Any advice to those pitching or developing projects?
- How / what do you think you will fund differently 2 years from now?
- Do you see any change to the dynamics of people ‘chasing’ funding
- Do you see any change to philanthropy emerging?
- Are these new options crowd / impact / foundations etc. reaching beyond ‘projects’ and into ‘operations’ and ongoing delivery of services?
- Is there much collaboration on funders e.g. collective impact, or in how they target certain challenges or topics?
Organisations that may be involved:
- Lotterywest — confirmed to attend for the Thursday Funding Forum
- CGG staff (and Councillors) re: Community Grants — confirmed for Thursday Funding Forum
- MWDC staff (and Board members) re: future of Royalties for Regions — confirmed
- FRRR re: funding in regional and rural areas (via web?) — will be in WA – tbc
- Adam Jorlen re: future of funding — invited
- Duncan from The Funding Network re: crowdfunding philanthropy — keen – tbc
- Chuffed about crowdfunding — Prashan – said yes ‘tbc’
- Bendigo Bank — will confirm availability on 27th July
- Impact Investors / ethical investors e.g. TDi, Lisa Greeve (via web?) — not invited yet.
Prior to the forum, funders will be asked to complete a quick ‘profile’ that can be distributed to participants (electronic + paper). This will include responses to:
- How much do you fund each year, total?
- What are the key criteria for what you fund?
- What’s the average size of funding?
- What else do you look for from those seeking funding?
Tickets costs $55 and can be purchased HERE
There is a 25% reduction if you purchase a Full Festival Ticket HERE
Who to contact for enquiries: Phone: (08) 9965 5371