Increase your productivity and personal satisfaction by learning new digital skills and tools over lunch.
In a NEW Digital Dojo format every FORTNIGHT our Tech Ninjas will facilitate sessions focused on very specific digital and cloud collaboration tools. Sessions are at CityHive AND webcast so you can join from anywhere on any device.
This session is on:
GoToMeeting — Meet face to face from anywhere
Do you manage a virtual or distributed team? Do you offer training, consultancy, or even mediation? Many of our members use GoToMeeting to build and maintain great working relationships. Pollinators facilitates free use of GoToMeeting for our members as a trial, and use it as a substitute for expensive teleconferences or even more expensive physical travel.
This session will cover:
- What is GoToMeeting and why you should use it
- Comparison against alternatives (flights, teleconferences, Skype, Hangouts)
- Overview of interface, how to use
- Basic web conferencing, including to participants on phones
- Advanced features
- Use cases
- Offer to Pollinators members
- Distributed / virtual teams within organisations
- Consultants and trainers
- NFPs, activists and community groups
- Anyone who wants to connect face to face
Skill level required:
Able to use GoToMeeting to host and facilitate a virtual meeting, saving time, money and increasing effectiveness of your communication.
Steps to join:
- Register: You must purchase a ticket through our website. Members are $20, non-members are $30.
- BYO device: Bring your laptop, smartphone, tablet, or contact us if you want to borrow one for the session.
- Arrive early: The sessions start exactly on time. We recommend you arrive 15 minutes early to get se up.
- Be open. Be prepared to connect, collaborate and get creative, and share ideas, knowledge and insights.
- Respect confidentiality. 'Chatham House Rule' is enacted at all Pollinators Labs, Dojos and Learning Sessions "Participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed".
- Bring your lunch! Discounts are on offer from Jaffle Shack and Culinary HQ for Pollinators members.
Join via the web:
- Register: Please purchase a ticket and re-confirm you attending virtually so we can ensure you are able to access,
- Confirm: Email email@example.com with confirmation you are joining virtually and with any questions,
- Prepare: Ensure you are in a quiet place with headphones on.
- Join via this link: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/852617509 15 minutes BEFORE the start time. Clicking this link will prompt you to download the app appropriate to the device you are using. Or visit their website for more information http://www.gotomeeting.com/meeting/join-meeting or http://www.gotomeeting.com/meeting/ipad-iphone-android-apps
Who to contact for enquiries: Andrew Outhwaite (0466 694 702)