Andrew Outhwaite recently attended the Social Enterprise Masters conference in Melbourne, presenting Pollinators as a case study of social enterprise in regional Australia. There were presentations from global leaders, policy makers and some fantastic fat-growing enterprises from around Australia. The conference was very inspirational and timely, as the social enterprise 'movement' continues to grow in number, impact and visibility in Australia.
This session is a chance for local NFPs, Entrepreneurs and Social Enterprises to get insights into what happened, make links, connections and discuss trends and opportunities that may affect us locally. As well as case studies, there was research, policy announcements and new networks and alliances formed at the conference aimed at increasing support for social enterprises.
You can read the 'Storify' summary of live blogs and tweets from the conference here as a taster: https://storify.com/SocialTradersAU/social-traders-masters-conference-2016
About Lunchtime Labs:
- "Lunchtime Labs" are lunchtime session where we facilitate creative collaboration on ideas, problems and projects.
- Held on Wednesdays between 12:30 and 1:30pm, with 2nd Wednesday of the month a dedicated 'Digital Dojo' session.
- Past topics have ranged from using the Business Model Canvas, Federal Innovation Agenda and specific member's ventures.
How to Participate:
- Free for Members and RSVP via Podio. Non-members pay $20 and RSVP at http://bit.ly/poll_public_rsvp
- Bring your lunch. Or enjoy a discounts from Jaffle Shack and Culinary HQ for Pollinators members.
- Be open. Be prepared to connect, collaborate and get creative, and share ideas, knowledge and insights.
- Respect confidentiality. The 'Chatham House Rule' is in force at all Labs "Participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed".
Connect via the Web:
If you are remote from Geraldton, just let us know and join the session via GoToMeeting: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/898566413
Suggest a topic:
Do you have an idea, problem, or projects that could use a boost?
Send ideas, challenges or problems to "@Learning Lead" via Podio or email email@example.com and suggest a topic.
Who to contact for enquiries: Samille 0407 998 721