Regional Social Innovations, is a symposium showcasing Midwest initiatives that demonstrate innovation in achieving social and community outcomes. This symposium will be a unique opportunity to learn from nationally-recognised and internationally-awarded innovations. Each of these initiatives is remarkable in their own right, but when seen together are an incredible source of learning for anyone involved in creating sustainable communities.
Presentations will include:
- Deliberative Democracy for better decisions — City of Greater Geraldton sharing it’s internationally-awarded programs including #changescgg and participatory budgeting,
- University Centres as a community education solution – Geraldton Universities Centre on how community drive and university partnerships can deliver regional opportunity and build capacity.
- Community Farms enabling individual health recovery — Hope Community Services journey, social enterprise and thereaupeutic model for Mount Hill Community Farm,
- Nurturing innovations and entrepreneurs — Pollinators Inc will share the insights, lessons and model for Australian’s leading regional coworking space and community of innovators,
- Hairdressing enabling education and empowerment — Shine will share the mission, insights and outcomes from their model inspiring and supporting young women to achieve
The format will enable plenty of opportunity for all participants to get an overview and then have opportunities for in-depth and participant-directed conversations.
- Symposium (8:30 to 10am)
- Short presentations from each of the speakers, followed by brief Q&A with each,
- Moderated panel discussion amongst the presenters, with questions from the audience,
- Morning Tea and Networking (10-10:30am)
- ‘Unconference’ (10:30 to 11:45am)
- Parallel sessions that are decided in collaboration with participants
- Dive deep into 30-minute discussions with presenters and other participants
- Closing Comments (11:45 to 12:15pm)
- Panel discussion about the themes and insights emerging from the discussions.
- Closing comments and orientation for any subsequent tours and Festival events.
Tickets costs $82.50 and can be purchased HERE
There is a 25% reduction if you purchase a Full Festival Ticket HERE
Who to contact for enquiries: Phone: (08) 9965 5371