Have you been inspired by photos of our night skies and landscapes? Want to learn how to capture your own compelling images? President of both the local Camera Club and Astronomy Group, photographer Ken Lawson will introduce you to the techniques, settings, equipment and processing software to create amazing night-time photos. This training will help you tackle all these with confidence:
- Nightscapes – light painting, creating an interesting and well lit scene
- Stitching/panos; creating that wide perspective
- Timelapse video
- Star trails, single shots and multiple images
- Manually controllable camera. Preferably a DSLR and the basic knowledge on how to control your camera.
- A tripod
- A red and white light source, ie a headlamp with red and white options
- Make sure you rug up!
- You will need a laptop or computer for the processing of your images on the Saturday component.
This training is in two parts:
Part 1 – Thursday night. 1900-2030
Location shoot at Wesley Chapel, Grey’s store, Greenough
Ken will cover:
- Lens Choices considerations and types of shots
- Aperture choices.
- Focusing in low light to achieve sharp stars and subjects
- Exposure: What exposure to use for sharp stars at different focal lengths and exposures for star trails
- ISO settings and considerations
- Noise reduction: Using in camera noise reduction, long exposure noise reductions. Dark Frames. Post processing noise. Electronic and temperature noise issue.
- Phone and tablet tools
- Light pollution
- Tripod Astrophotography, Stacking shots to achieve the best signal to noise ratios
Part 2 – Saturday. 1000-1130
Processing at CityHive, 184 Marine Tce Geraldton
How to get the best out of your shots using paid and free software.
Software to be used: Lightroom, Photoshop. You will need to have a copy of Lightroom and Photoshop, you can download a free 30 days trial of this software.
We will download and install the following free software on the day: DeepSkyStacker, StarStaX, startrails.de
Tickets costs $82.50 and can be purchased HERE
There is a 25% reduction if you purchase a Full Festival Ticket HERE
Who to contact for enquiries: Phone: (08) 9965 5371