Aquarena evacuated yesterday after chlorine hose damage

Yesterday the Geraldton Aquarena was evacuated as a safety precaution, in line with its Chlorine Gas Emergency Evacuation Procedure, when an empty chlorine cylinder was being changed causing a small split in the hose of the empty cylinder. A small leak set off the alarm and the Aquarena Manager initiated the evacuation of the pool, under the supervision of a duty supervisor, to nearby Jack’s Shed as a precautionary measure.

Geraldton Fire Services attended and after checking and determining the area was safe and the split posed no health threat, patrons were allowed back inside the facility.

Public safety was the utmost priority and all staff acted quickly with all procedures well executed.