Applications are now open for young people wishing to “make that change” in their lives. In January this year three young Geraldton students left the country to return in 12 months, speaking a new language and experiencing something way beyond anything they had ever dreamed, a life changing experience to last forever.
Outbound Rotary Youth Exchange commenced in 1920 and the program and the students in particular are supported by the extensive Rotary network around the world.
Today more than 8,000 Youth Exchange students travel abroad to live and study in around 80 countries.
- 12 months
- Hosted quarterly
- Leave mid January 2015
Expectations during exchange:
- Students will be expected to attend regular Host club Rotary meetings & events
- Attend High School for the duration of their exchange
- Get involved on Community events
- Promote their country Australia
- Learn their countries language
Eligibility for Youth Exchange:
- Targeting students 15 but less than 18 as of January 1st, 2015.
- Be healthy, physically and mentally. Adaptability – outgoing, confident, willing to adjust to change and surroundings.
- Complete and unqualified support of parents.
- Proficiency or capability to learn another language.
- Student completes a written application
- Attends an interview with a Rotary Interview Board
Rotary Club of Geraldton – Dianne Gilleland M: 0419 854 413
Rotary Club Geraldton Greenough – Tony Emmott M: 0407 642 200
Rotary Club of Batavia Coast - Ken Watkins 0409 070 890