Bushfire ADVICE for Brand Highway near Seven Mile Road, 10 kilometres north of Dongara in the Shire of Irwin
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people travelling near Seven Mile Road, 10 kilometres north of Dongara in the Shire of Irwin.
- You need to be aware and keep up to date.
- There is no threat to lives or homes but there is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire is burning in thick scrub north of Seven Mile Road.
- It is burning slowly in a southerly direction.
- It is out of control and unpredictable.
WHAT TO DO:
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
Seven Mile Road is closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the fire.