Should the one-way section of Foreshore Drive be changed to two-way traffic?

What do you think about changing the one-way section of Foreshore Drive to two-way traffic? That is the latest question being posed by Your City Your Say.

A new initiative from the City of Greater Geraldton, Your City Your Say is an innovative online forum that allows community members to participate in the decision-making process by sharing their opinions on issues being considered by Council.

City of Greater Geraldton Deputy Mayor, Neil McIlwaine said Your City Your Say allows everyone in the community to have a say on a variety of issues.

“By sharing your ideas, commenting on others and voting for what is important to you, you are able to provide contribute to the decision-making process on different topics that will impact your local community,” he explained.

Currently the City is investigating changing the section of Foreshore Drive between Cathedral Avenue and Durlacher Street from one-way traffic only to two-way traffic.

“This will allow better traffic movement within the CBD and reduce confusion for first time visitors to Geraldton,” Councillor McIlwaine said.

“This project is currently in the planning stage and no funding is allocated for construction. We have asked the question on the Your City Your Say forum to inform the community of this issue  and get their final thoughts on this proposal.”                                                               

Councillor McIlwaine is encouraging all Geraldton residents to log on and have their say.

“The Council is very interested in hearing what local residents think and it is very easy to get involved,” Councillor McIlwaine said.

“You just need go to the City’s webpage and on the homepage you will find links to Your City Your Say.  From there people simply need to sign up, and then they can air their thoughts, ideas and feedback on a variety of topics impacting the City of Greater Geraldton.”

Other topics currently being discussed on the Your City Your Say include the Mullewa Muster and the City’s second Reconciliation Plan.

For more information or the have your say simply visit the City of Greater Geraldton website at and click on the Your City Your Say link.  Having trouble navigating the site?  Staff can help – please contact Janell on 9956 6600.