CrossFit Geraldton is a strength and conditioning program consisting of several dedicated trainers and coaches who are committed to helping people achieve their health/ fitness goals and improve their quality of life. We spoke with Dirranie Kirby who is the owner and head trainer of CrossFit since February 2012 who shared with us what CrossFit has to offer and the benefits of their sessions.
Dirranie explains that her sessions are constantly varied, where each day is different and there is no set program. “This is because everyday we use different parts of our bodies for different tasks and activities. So if we really want to get the most out of a workout, we need to use every part of our body”.
What CrossFit has to offer:
- Each session targets functional movements which is achieved through performing various everyday activities that life may throw at you, such as jumping, skipping, pushing, pulling, running, lifting and much more. This also includes doing pushups, burpees, squats and handstands.
- CrossFit take into consideration that everybody is different and everybody has limitations. This is why many of their exercises can be scaled to suit your needs. This includes using lighter weights for lifting, or exercises that can be simplified to accommodate for individual limitations such as fitness injuries.
- Not only do CrossFit offer adult classes, but they also have children’s classes that go for half an hour and are only $5 per session. Ages range from sessions for 5-10 year olds and 10-14 year olds. So there really is something for everyone!
- Once a month, CrossFit run a Beginner Fundamentals Class where you will be taught a range of lifts and techniques that are a great way of preparing yourself for more intense workouts.
- Memberships are sold either per session, weekly or monthly and you can stop payment at anytime with no cancellation fees. This is your journey, so you can pay as you go.
CrossFit Geraldton is open Monday – Friday during the following sessions: 6:00am, 9:00am, 12:30pm, 5:30pm and 6:30pm
They’re located at 2/5 Crawford Street, Webberton
Phone 0417 933 121