Natural Therapy is a form of alternative medicine that is non-invasive and delivers a holistic approach without the use of medication or surgery. Natural Therapy, also known at Naturopathy, is based on the belief that the body has the ability to heal itself through various natural methods; including reiki, acupuncture, reflexology and much more.
Ocean Ridge Beauty & Wellness Centre specialises in a range of Natural Therapies and has shared with us what each one is and some of the benefits they provide.
1. Reiki: Reiki is a traditional Japanese form of hands on healing, allowing the life force energy that flows inside us to charge the affected parts of the mind and body with positive energy to promote relaxation and natural healing. Some of the benefits of reiki include the release of stress and tension, increased energy levels, clearing of the mind, relief of pain and aids in better sleep.
Reiki is performed with the premise that our life force and energy that flows inside our body can be used to provide relief for some medical conditions. Although the premise is hypothetical, many patients come out saying that they feel an increase in energy and relief has been provided to the area of discomfort.
2. Acupuncture: Good health requires good circulation. Acupuncture relieves pain, illness and restores normal function by bringing the body back into balance and restoring circulation of blood, energy and body fluids. An acupuncturist chooses specific points on the body to restore this circulation and proceeds by inserting fine, sterile needles into the targeted area to restore balance and encourage self-healing. Acupuncture is known to treat a range of conditions including:
- Neurological conditions - including headaches, migraines, insomnia, dizziness and nervous tension.
- Skin conditions - including eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, scar tissue, hair loss and acne.
- Sporting injuries - including sprained joints, torn muscles and ligaments, bruises and cartilage problems.
- Psychological conditions - including depression, phobias, anxiety and emotional trauma.
3. Indian Champissage: This is a seated massage that focuses on the shoulders, neck, scalp, face and ears. This massage is a relaxing experience that stimulates blood circulation to loosen muscles in the neck, shoulders and scalp which can provide pain relief, release of anxiety and tension, relief from insomnia and promotes clearer thinking.
Indian Champissage is a relaxing therapy that is safe, non-invasive and is known to provide relief after one session.
4. Ear Candling: This therapy involves lighting one end of a hollow natural ear candle and placing the other end in the ear canal. This non-invasive relaxing therapy acts as a vacuum and draws out excessive earwax which can provide many benefits including regulating ear pressure, relief from headaches, swimmers ear, tinnitus and even relief from certain allergies. If done correctly, ear candling can be a safe and relaxing experience.
5. Reflexology: Reflexology is a form of pressure massage that is applied to the feet and directs the body’s healing energies towards promoting healthy organ function through hidden meridians and pressure joints. Certain parts of the body correspond to different areas in the body’s system when pressure is applied. If this is done correctly, it may have a beneficial effect on one’s general health. Reflexology aids in reducing stress, insomnia, headaches and improving the immune system through the body’s natural ability to heal and re-balance itself.
If you are interested in knowing more about Natural Therapies and what they have to offer, speak to the team at Ocean Ridge Beauty & Wellness Centre, who are located at 241c Lester Avenue, Geraldton.
They’re open Monday from 9:00am to 4:30pm, Tuesday – Wednesday, Friday from 9:00am to 5:30pm, Thursday from 9:00am – 8:00pm and Saturday from 9:00am – 1:00pm. Phone (08) 9965 5999.