A Wonthella resident has described it as a "scary event" when a small fire was started in her front heard early this morning by what she says appears to be a firework.
She wanted to share what happened early this morning at her home in Phelps Street in Wonthella with the Geraldton community.
"This early morning around 3:15 there was something like a fire work thrown into my front yard and made a fire around 1m2."
She says the fire department arrived and extinguished the fire. The resident said whatever was thrown made exploding noises like a firework.
She says Police had not yet attended the scene.