Geraldton MLA Ian Blayney said it’s time to recogniseteachers, leaders and support staff who excel in Western Australian public schools.
Mr Blayney said nominations for the prestigious 2015 WA Education Awards were now open.
He said the WA Education Awards are a great way to acknowledge Geraldton’s teachers, leaders and support staff who encourage our students to be the very best they can.
The awards are the perfect way to celebrate the dedicationof a staff member who goes above and beyond to help students realise their potential and the awards are the perfect way to celebrate their dedication.
At last year’s awards Rangeway Primary School achieved great success winning the WA Premier's Excellence in Aboriginal Education Award.
Under the expert guidanceof Principal Jacqui Quartermaine staff were rewarded for their hard work and dedication to achieving the very best for its student body.
Dream and believe, strive and succeed' underpins the school's approach to Aboriginal education.
This year winners in 11 categories will share $337,500 in prizes. The categories are:
- WA Premier's Primary Teacher of the Year
- WA Premier's Secondary Teacher of the Year
- WA Premier's Excellence in Aboriginal Education Award
- WA Primary School Leader of the Year
- WA Secondary School Leader of the Year
- WA Beginning Teacher of the Year
- WA Education Assistant of the Year
- WA Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer of the Year
- WA School Services Staff Member of the Year
- WA Primary School of the Year
- WA Secondary School of the Year.
Nominations close on August 21 and finalists will be announced in September. Winners will be revealed at a breakfast presentation on November 30.
To nominate someone, contact the Principal of the relevant school who can assist you in filling the correct form.