I Know Leopard is heading to Geraldton and we are calling on all young designers to have a shot at creating the gig poster.
Some basics – you must be anon-professional designer, under the age of 25, from the City of Greater Geraldton to enter this competition.
Deadline is 5.00pm on Monday 24th August 2015.
- Head to the band’s website www.iknowleopard.com to hear and see what they’re all about (a little research never hurt anyone!)
- The poster design should be inspired by the artwork of 1920’s& 30’s French Riviera, by the colours of the Mediterranean. Check out the mood board if you need some further inspiration.
- Strive to capture the essence of dreamy summertime vibes and a sense of nostalgia in your design. It should feel sophisticated but youthful.
- Feel free to create your own illustrations or use your own images. If you want to use stock imagery make sure you respect copyright(you’ll need to provide written evidence that you’ve got the OK to use the images included in your design)
- You can also use the images of the band provided. You can even get creative and alter these if you want.
THINGS YOU NEED TO INCLUDE
- Name of the band (you’ll need to use the provided I Know Leopard logo for this)
- Name of the support bands – The Inks & Carfax
- Include the event details:
- Geraldton Foreshore
- Saturday 10th October 2015
- 4.00pm gates open
- For tickets head to www.queensparktheatre.com.au, or purchase at the Civic Centre and Geraldton Regional Library.
- Leave space for partner/ sponsor logos – to be entered by Venue on winning design. These usually appear along the bottom of the poster.
THINGS YOU SHOULD AVOID
- Respect copyright. If you use any images you haven’t created yourself you must own the copyright for the images or have permission to use them in your design.
- DO NOT use design fonts without paying the appropriate fee or donation to the font's creator to obtain a commercial use license.
- Poster Size – A3
- Accepted file formats: PDF or JPEG (for now….you’ll need to provide your working design files if your design is chosen)
- Maximum file size: 3MB
- Minimum file resolution: 300dpi
- The winning poster design in each town will be printed and distributed to promote The Set List event.
- The winner will receive 4 free tickets to The Set List, a framed copy of your design signed by the band, and band merchandise.
- Three runner ups will receive 2 free tickets to The Set List.
- All Finalists will be displayed in an exhibition at the event.
SOME INSPIRATION TO GET YOUR CREATIVITY FLOWING…
Sorry guys, rules are everywhere …and here are a few more!
- You’ve got to be a non-professional designer under the age of 25, from the City of Greater Geraldtonto enter this comp.
- Your original design can incorporate a range of materials and mediums, but your final entry must be in the form of a two-dimensional poster.
- Entries must adhere to THE BRIEF provided by the artist/band.
- All entries must be received by the deadline and submitted with an entry form to Alexis Zahner at email@example.com by 5.00pm on Monday 24th August 2015 – if you are sending large files that can’t be transferred via email, please use dropbox, or feel free to bring in a USB.
- Finalists will be selected by the venue marketing team along with the Programming Panel and the winning entry will be selected by the Band. The Band knows what they like – so their decision is final.
- If your poster was selected as the winning entry, we’ll give you a call to tell you the great news!
- We want to show off your work so some or all of the entries will be hung in an exhibition at the Queens Park Theatre throughout the Festivals on the Foreshore event (September/October school holidays).
- The winner will need to supplyraw artwork files so we’re able toenter additional information andcreate a few extra bits and pieces (like press ads and flyers etc).
- Any artwork you created for the poster (like illustrations or photography etc) you’ll still own the copyright for but by entering the comp you give us permission to use this however we need to for promoting this gig.
- You’ve got to make sure you have all the permissions and copyright required to use any images and fonts you haven’t created yourself. Licensing can be confusing so get some advice if you are unsure.
- The Band has granted you permission to use their images and logo provided for the purposes of this poster comp ONLY.