Do not to place orders with the website onsalemarketdeals.com as WA ScamNet investigates whether the website is fraudulent.
A WA couple paid more than $500 for a barbecue from the website about two weeks ago and were unable to contact the site about their purchase when it wasn’t delivered.
Investigations have so far revealed a number of issues with the website including:
- the site was recently registered (late December 2015) and has no established reputation;
- the ABN used belongs to a company in Queensland, which appears to be unconnected;
- the site claims to be shipping from Victoria but gives an address in South Australia;
- the site uses a mobile number belonging to a NSW resident who claims to have no knowledge of or connection with the site;
- the site has elements which are consistent with it being fake, such as slightly pixelated manufacturer logos and significant price reductions with free shipping included; and
- a search of consumer review websites reveals claims of payment but non-receipt of goods by a number of customers.
WA ScamNet are making enquiries with Eastern States counterparts as well trying to shut this website down.
Read the full story on WA ScamNet, including tips on safely shopping online.
You can report scams to WA ScamNet via email or by calling 1300 30 40 54.