A Total Fire Ban has been declared for Monday 8 February for parts of the Midwest Gacoyne, South West, Perth, Perth Hills and surrounding areas and Mandurah
This includes the local government districts of:
- City of Greater Geraldton
- Shire of Carnarvon
- Shire of Carnamah
- Shire of Coorow
- Shire of Chapman Valley
- Shire of Dandaragan
- Shire of Irwin
- Shire of Morawa
- Shire of Mingenew
- Shire of Northampton
- Shire of Shark Bay
- City of Bunbury
- Shire of Capel
- Shire of Collie
- Shire of Dardanup
- Shire of Murray
- Shire of Waroona
- Shire of Harvey
Perth Metropolitan area, Perth hills and neighbouring shires of:
On Monday 8 February 2016 any activity that could start a fire is banned.
- You must not light or use any fires in the open air
- All open fires for the purpose of cooking or camping are not allowed
- Hot work such as metal work, grinding, welding, soldering, gas cutting or similar is not allowed unless you have an exemption
- You must not undertake any other activities that may start a fire.
If a Harvest and Vehicle Movement Ban has not been implemented by your local government you are able to harvest or move vehicles across paddocks for agricultural purposes.
You could be fined up to $25,000 or jailed for 12 months or both if you ignore the Total Fire Ban.
For information on activities that can or cannot be carried out during a Total Fire Ban visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au/totalfirebans/Pages/TotalFireBanWhatCantIDo.aspx
If the information you want is not available from the website, telephone the Total Fire Ban Information Line 1800 709 355.
This information is also available by visiting www.dfes.wa.gov.au