Think glamorous, indulgence, dazzling dresses and fancy fascinators and handsome hats for this year’s Geraldton Turf Club Geraldton Cup Day on Sunday April 10.
The annual race meet is one of the hottest on the Geraldton Turf Club calendar
Turf club manager Dave Wrensted said the marquee promised a day of decadence for racegoers. “It’s the perfect excuse to do something that extra bit special,” he said. “It is a sensational day out every year.”
Leon Baker Jewellers will again sponsor a glamourous Fashion on the Fields showcase, with a $2,500 prize pool, including an elegant Triton men’s watch and a Pierre Cardin watch, silver amethyst and Abrolhos pearl pendant and silver chain, silver and rose gold Coral Bay pendant with Abrolhos pearl and, for winner of the mostly finely dressed lady, a 9ct gold and silver Coral Bay ring with Abrolhos pearl and starfish valued at $1,100.
Entrants will be handpicked to take part in the competition this year with a racing selection criteria to be met.
Leon Baker Jewellers co-owner Elise Barker said she was delighted for Leon Baker Jewellers to continue sponsoring Fashion on the Fields and encourages everyone to come down and enjoy what the Cup has to offer. “All our work is carried out locally on the premises, so being local and supporting local is important to us.
“The day is perfect way to revel in the cup action with visiting or local friends, business contacts and valued clients,” Ms Baker said.
“It offers the best way to get swept up in once-a-year Geraldton Cup racing magic.”
LEON BAKER JEWELLERS FASHIONS ON THE FIELD
Ladies Race wear | Men’s Race wear
All ladies and gentlemen, providing they are adhering to the criteria, are eligible to be selected by the Fashions on the Field scouts to enter the Geraldton Cup Fashions on the Field.
Entrants will be given a token to be taken to the stage area (when announcement is made over the PA), this token will be exchanged for a participation number for the judging.
Entrants selected by our Fashions on the Field scouts are asked to be at the stage area by the following times (men at 2.15pm and ladies at4.00pm). Entrants will be asked to pose on stage with other entrants while the judges make their decision. For the Geraldton Cup, due to time constraints between races there will be one heat only for men and also one only for the women.
Scouts and judges will be briefed before the event on the strict criteria in place for each category.
There will be a Fashions on the Field overall winner in both the men’s and ladies’ category.
LADIES AND MENS RACEWEAR CRITERIA
Glamour, style and key accessories are some important facets to include in your outfit, however some advice to consider for entering the Ladies Fashion category include: -
- Do your research. The internet is a valuable tool to see who is winning competitions around the country.
- Visit or google search under Fashions on the Field
- Check out the magazines for styling tips and ideas
- Create your own hat or visit a Milliner for an original piece.
- Leave your nightclub outfit at home - this includes short dresses and low cut tops - be comfortable at the races!
CRITERIA FOR LADIES AND MENS RACEWEAR
- Style and originality;
- Appropriateness of outfit for the race day;
- Attention to detail of accessories;
- A predominance of exposed skin is not classed as Classic Race wear;
- Ladies Racewear hats or fascinators
ARE ESSENTIAL TO MEET THE CRITERIA OF LADIES FASHION:
- Classic Men's Racewear jacket is essential. You could consider a tie, hat or lapel flower. Matching cufflinks, hanker-chief and tie are always an advantage;
- Understanding and interpretation of current fashion and trans-seasonal trends;
- Grooming and Deportment;
- Suitability of the outfit; and
- To be eligible to enter you must be over 18 years of age.
Men’s Fashion on the Fields will be held at approximately 2.30pm
Women’s Fashion on the Fields will be held at approximately 4.15pm
- Gates Open at 11
- 10 card field ( last race is at 5.35pm)
- Entry at the gate; $20 for adults, aged pensioners $10. under 18 free but must be accompanied by a guardian.