The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES).
Date of issue: 10 March 2016
Total Fire Ban for Midwest Gascoyne for today
A Total Fire Ban has been declared for Thursday 10 March 2016 for parts of the Midwest Gascoyne.
This includes the local government districts of:
- City of Greater Geraldton
- Shire of Chapman Valley
- Shire of Migenew
- Shire of Morawa
- Shire of Northampton
On Thursday 10 March 2016 any activity that could start a fire is banned.
- You must not light or use any fires in the open air
- All open fires for the purpose of cooking or camping are not allowed
- Hot work such as metal work, grinding, welding, soldering, gas cutting or similar is not allowed unless you have an exemption
- You must not undertake any other activities that may start a fire.
If a Harvest and Vehicle Movement Ban has not been implemented by your local government you are able to harvest or move vehicles across paddocks for agricultural purposes.
You could be fined up to $25,000 or jailed for 12 months or both if you ignore the Total Fire Ban.
For information on activities that can or cannot be carried out during a Total Fire Ban visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au/totalfirebans/Pages/TotalFireBanWhatCantIDo.aspx
If the information you want is not available from the website, telephone the Total Fire Ban Information Line 1800 709 355.
This information is also available by visiting www.dfes.wa.gov.au